Printer Problem

Peter petergoggin at bigpond.com
Tue Jan 24 01:03:58 UTC 2017

So far as I can tell the setup for ubuntu is the same for both laptop.
On both laptops Ubuntu can see my USB scanner. The usb settins for the
virtual machines look the same on both laptops.

If the usb ports had been assigned to the virtual machine on the T400
then I do not understand how ubuntu can see the usb scanner. It doe not
make any difference whether the virtual machine is running or not.

I have removed and reinstalled the cups printer system on the T400 but
it makes no difference.

Cups version  is 1.5.7 on bi]oth laptops.

Regards

Peter Goggin