Current_Pending_Sector value on a brand new HDD

Ralf Mardorf silver.bullet at zoho.com
Mon Feb 13 08:18:23 UTC 2017

On Mon, 13 Feb 2017 01:21:16 -0500, Gene Heskett wrote:
>That, and replacing any red sata cables with some other color

The colour of the new very short SATA cables with clips is yellow, but
actually my old red and very long cables without clips seems not to be
less good, excepted that it requires to use hot glue, because they
don't have clips and that the length was annoying.

On Mon, 13 Feb 2017 01:30:17 -0500, Gene Heskett wrote:
>I don't imagine it would be any different for SSD's.

The SSD is ok and the firmware already is updated. The software for
Toshiba OCZ SSD is available for Linux. I do _not_ want to return the
SSD.

I used this one:

https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/ocz-ssd-utility/

  $ sudo ocz-ssd-utility

But installed those, too:

https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/ocztoolbox/
https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/oczclout/

Ubuntu users could use the vendor's download page, see the Arch Wiki:

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Solid_State_Drives#OCZ

I guess I'll return the HDDs.

Regards,
Ralf