Keylogger

Adam McClure adammcclure119 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 2 23:04:02 UTC 2017

On 12/02/2017 02:59 PM, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> On Sat, 2 Dec 2017 14:07:39 -0500, Adam McClure wrote:

>>> If you hadn't made a biased statement, I would not have had an issue.
>>>
>>> Because then you don't create the impression that this is a very
>>> serious problem, when it isn't.
>>>
>>> Creating fear in people for no reason, why do you do that?
>>>
>> How is mentioning a warning that is halfway down on the manpage
>> "creating fear in people for no reason"?
>>
>> It was saying to be careful with the command, not creating fear.
>
> Thank you Adam,
>
> let alone that at least some users aren't aware that there is a
> difference between deleting (removing) a file and shredding it, on what
> ever shred level. Regarding digital forensics the "deepness" how the
> file is shred could matter a lot, too.
>
> Regards,
> Ralf

Hearing someone say that warnings are "creating fear" sounds more like
how a lot of Android tutorials include a step that says to start by
rooting the phone or tablet without including how easy it is to brick
the device.

Just because someone would know what they're doing on a certain device
or operating system doesn't mean that they're careful with what they do
with that device. There's always going to be people who would reinstall
their operating system every few days or weeks.
--
Adam McClure