Keylogger

Ralf Mardorf silver.bullet at zoho.com
Sat Dec 2 20:29:13 UTC 2017

On Sat, 2 Dec 2017 20:59:40 +0100, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
>On Sat, 2 Dec 2017 14:07:39 -0500, Adam McClure wrote:

>>> If you hadn't made a biased statement, I would not have had an
>>> issue.
>>>
>>> Because then you don't create the impression that this is a very
>>> serious problem, when it isn't.
>>>
>>> Creating fear in people for no reason, why do you do that?
>>>
>>How is mentioning a warning that is halfway down on the manpage
>>"creating fear in people for no reason"?
>>
>>It was saying to be careful with the command, not creating fear.
>
>Thank you Adam,
>
>let alone that at least some users aren't aware that there is a
>difference between deleting (removing) a file and shredding it, on what
>ever shred level. Regarding digital forensics the "deepness" how the
>file is shred could matter a lot, too.

In case I should need to ensure that the data on a HDD is unreadable,
I would like to own one of the elephant killing pistols a pen pal from
Virginia owns. Sorry pal, that I ever joked about one of your guns,
regarding self-defense. Actually making a HHD completely forensic
useless, owning an elephant gun is very good.

My apologies!

Bcc: To that Virginian pen pal. :D

I'm an audio and video engineer, so I own degaussing gear that could
harm a HDD, but without granting to make it unreadable for digital
forensics cleanroom laser methods. A "Dirty Harry" alike gun could!