How to restore the MBR after do-release-upgrade?

Ralf Mardorf silver.bullet at zoho.com
Thu Jul 14 10:36:18 UTC 2016

On Thu, 14 Jul 2016 18:22:45 +1000, blind Pete wrote:
>There is always the chance that one of your grubs has a new bug
>and has become "confused".

Other than you, I don't install a bootloader for each install. At least
other Linux usually allow to install no bootloader at all. However, even
enforced installs of a Windows or FreeBSD bootloader didn't cause an
issue.

>> and I would like to fix the FreeBSD install.
>
>That is well beyond me.

That's the only really issue that still exists, since this is beyond
me, too. I'm an experienced Linux user, but not an experienced FreeBSD
user.

>Could anything have "fixed" the partition ordering, if partition
>number one was not at the start of the disk it might now be
>partition number two, or three, or four, or 97.

No, nothing changed.

Regards,
Ralf