How to set the single click speed?

Ralf Mardorf silver.bullet at zoho.com
Thu Jan 21 21:36:19 UTC 2016

On Fri, 22 Jan 2016 08:26:38 +1100, Karl Auer wrote:
>On Thu, 2016-01-21 at 21:07 +0000, Colin Law wrote:
>> Do you have any suggestions for why it is that few others, if any,
>> see those problems?
>
>Careful - there's nothing worse than "you're the first person to have
>this problem" or "nobody else is seeing it, it must be you". Someone
>has to be first, and it may just be that no-one else has reported it
>yet.

I agree with this, _but_ ...

>It was particularly irritating when "Revert" got self-selected in
>Eclipse! The self-selection of an element in a drop-down menu always
>self-selected the menu item closest to the mouse pointer location - so
>not always the first or last, though very commonly so - the first when
>the menu dropped down, the second when the menu dropped up.

... that's what's happening with my right mice button of my current
mouse. That the debouncing is completely broken could be seen by running
xev  , but when the debouncing starts to get broken, I thought that I
experienced software bugs,  xev  couldn't notice it.

>I also learned to right-click-and-hold, then select what I
>wanted by sliding through the menus.

I'm used to do this too, but at some point this doesn't work anymore.

>So it might not be the mouse, though that does seem the likeliest
>explanation. It might be a combination of a defective mouse *and*
>software issues.

No, it is the mouse, however, it would be smart if coders would provide
critical options, such as "undo" not at the position, were the mouse
pointer is after a menu is opened.