update-manager --no-focus-on-map ??

Ralf Mardorf silver.bullet at zoho.com
Wed Jan 6 02:22:14 UTC 2016

On Tue, 5 Jan 2016 17:43:08 -0800, rikona wrote:
>I mentioned it because they said they modified the google engine to
>remove the ability to report stuff. That is what makes me suspicious
>of chrome, etc, even if opera says they have 'privacy' [whatever that
>means nowadays]...

You might be interested in Iridium.

"Iridium is a free, open, and libre browser modification of the Chromium
code base, with privacy being enhanced in several key areas."

https://iridiumbrowser.de/download

I never tested it myself.

Btw. even TOR isn't 100% secure, but nowadays I experienced it as
faster than in the early days, OTOH I seldom use TOR.

https://www.torproject.org/docs/faq.html.en#AnonymityAndSecurity

Regards,
Ralf