iSCSI + GFS for web servers

Steven Jones Steven.Jones at vuw.ac.nz
Wed Feb 3 00:01:38 UTC 2016

Hi,

I run a glusterfs 1 TB raid 1 solution replicated across 3 nodes using Dell SFF 990 desktops (so a 250gb OS disk and a 1tb data disk in each). Its cheap (they cost me $200 each, low energy - they use 29watts each) and simple to set up.   I have used openfiler, freenas and frankly I will never go near them again.

I did some googling, not much of a response on the method / combination you want to use. That means it looks like you are on your own, which does not bode well for setup success or future support help if it goes to custard.

Good luck.

regards

Steven