iSCSI + GFS for web servers

Mark Haney mark.haney at vifprogram.com
Thu Feb 4 12:52:34 UTC 2016

Good morning Steven, (and Ubuntu list!)

I wish to apologize for my earlier, somewhat snarky, posts.  Especially
about glusterfs.  While, I do not need (for now) replicated storage nodes,
I do need multiple servers accessing a shared storage location in such as
way as to make any uploaded media immediately seen by both servers.  (In
this case it'll be uploaded images/documents/videos, etc.)  Initially I
write off glusterfs as it's overkill for my needs, however, I did some
deeper digging and see that I can start off with a single gluster storage
server and add more servers/storage as needed.  I'm going to start testing
that scenario later today to see how well it works and if it will satisfy
my needs going forward.  I hope it will, but I've had some bad experiences
with FUSER in the past, though that was a decade ago and has likely been
resolved.

With that said, I shouldn't let my frustration bleed out into communication
channels, which was the case here, though certainly not directed at anyone
on-list.

I'll be happy to post my results here if anyone is interested in this
particular scenario.