Nautilus acting up

Colin Law clanlaw at gmail.com
Mon Dec 5 09:58:39 UTC 2016

On 5 December 2016 at 09:46, Liam Proven <lproven at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 5 December 2016 at 06:51, rikona <rikona at sonic.net> wrote:
>> When I minimize Nautilus, it essentially disappears. Usually, when
>> something is minimized, a small white triangle appears next to the
>> icon for that program, and when multiple instances are minimized there
>> is a triangle for each instance.
>
> You misunderstand how the launcher works.
>
> The white triangles are for each window the program is currently
> showing. 1 window, 1 triangle; 2 windows, 2 triangles, etc.
>
> It has nothing to do with maximised/minimised status.

Actually Liam I think (though I may be wrong) that you are
misunderstanding what Ricona is saying. If two Nautilus windows are
open there should be two triangles on the left side of the launcher.
You are right that the triangles should be nothing to do with
maximised/minimised, but I believe that what Ricona is saying is that
when he/she minimises the window the triangle disappears and the
window is effectively closed rather than minimised, which should not
happen.  For me (on Ubuntu 16.10) the triangles do not disappear.

Colin