Backup fails again

Colin Law clanlaw at gmail.com
Sat Sep 26 15:50:21 UTC 2015

On 26 September 2015 at 16:41, Chas IRONS <ironscf at telkomsa.net> wrote:

> On Sat, 2015-09-26 at 16:09 +0100, Colin Law wrote:
>
> On 26 September 2015 at 15:18, Chas IRONS <ironscf at telkomsa.net> wrote:
> >
> > Hi Ubuntu
> >
> > I get this error when I try to Backup on 14.04.1 using an 8GB usb flashdrive.
> >
> > Backup location ‘/tmp/duplicity-_JyeBF-tempdir/mktemp-uAPqIc-2’ does not exist.
>

> Are you using the Backups graphical application?  If so what have you
> specified for Storage Location on the backups dialog?
>
> Colin
>
> *******************
> Hi Colin and other ubuntu-users
>
> I am a retired end user and have used Backups several times before with no error. Never tried any restore though.

Are you trying to restore when it fails?

> Yes I used Backups gui and set the Storage Location to Lexar which is my flashdrive that is mounted with all files deleted.

If it is failing when backing up have you included /tmp in the folders
to backup?  If yes then this is a bad idea.  If you are trying to
backup the whole system then add /tmp to the folders to ignore.  In
fact you will have problems with a number of other system folders also
in this case.

Colin