hardware accelerated ASL entered Debian

Liam Proven lproven at gmail.com
Fri Oct 16 14:05:38 UTC 2015

On 16 October 2015 at 15:52,  <silver.bullet at zoho.com> wrote:
> Thread started in June:
> https://lists.archlinux.org/pipermail/arch-general/2015-June/039317.html
> We explained and helped.
>
> You came back in August:
> https://lists.archlinux.org/pipermail/arch-general/2015-August/039623.html
> And you were ignored by everybody from the list.
>
> However, my apologies, I misread the link I provided. It already is
> moved to community and it's indeed not an AUR link. I must have missed
> the votes, there seemingly were votes.
>
> Anyway, in more than 10 years of joining Linux mailing lists of
> different distros this is the first time a software developer asks on
> user or developer mailing lists for packagers that will maintain the
> software in official repositories. I don't know a single other
> developer who did that too. I helped you too, so I'm surprised that you
> did it again.
>
> You simply use the wrong channels for your requests and yes ongoing
> begging for votes on Facebook is evil, bad, wrong.
>
> While user mailing lists are also the wrong channel for announcements,
> it's ok for me if developers announce new software or releases on those
> lists. So it's ok for me, if you will do this too, but consider not to
> radical beg for votes on social media and for packagers on those lists.

(Just to show that I do not always argue, Ralf, I strongly agree with
you on this!)

This is a highly unusual way to approach this question. Ralf is also
correct that you are using the wrong channels, and attempting to get
support on social media is also inappropriate.

Mr Pekar, you do not seem to understand how the FOSS development
process works nor how FOSS operating systems are developed. You need
to go off and learn about this rather than demanding to be included on
user-support lists.

My only point of difference with Ralf here is that I /have/ once or
twice seen other developers asking for their apps to be included. It
is not the correct way to do it, though.