hardware accelerated ASL entered Debian

silver.bullet at zoho.com silver.bullet at zoho.com
Fri Oct 16 13:52:01 UTC 2015

Thread started in June:
https://lists.archlinux.org/pipermail/arch-general/2015-June/039317.html
We explained and helped.

You came back in August:
https://lists.archlinux.org/pipermail/arch-general/2015-August/039623.html
And you were ignored by everybody from the list.

However, my apologies, I misread the link I provided. It already is
moved to community and it's indeed not an AUR link. I must have missed
the votes, there seemingly were votes.

Anyway, in more than 10 years of joining Linux mailing lists of
different distros this is the first time a software developer asks on
user or developer mailing lists for packagers that will maintain the
software in official repositories. I don't know a single other
developer who did that too. I helped you too, so I'm surprised that you
did it again.

You simply use the wrong channels for your requests and yes ongoing
begging for votes on Facebook is evil, bad, wrong.

While user mailing lists are also the wrong channel for announcements,
it's ok for me if developers announce new software or releases on those
lists. So it's ok for me, if you will do this too, but consider not to
radical beg for votes on social media and for packagers on those lists.

TIA,
Ralf