FTPS GUI client for Ubuntu?

Rashkae ubuntu at tigershaunt.com
Sun Dec 27 03:25:53 UTC 2015

On 15-12-26 01:43 AM, Karl Auer wrote:
> It would - were it not that FileZilla devs seem to be refusing to accept
> that forcing the use of MLSD is a bad idea. It's a bad idea because if
> the other end doesn't support it you are screwed. The FTP server I need
> to talk to doesn't support it properly, and instead of using tried and
> true methods, as least as an option, the FileZilla devs just say it's
> not their problem. Google "FTPS MLSD"...

Do you have references you can link to this discussion about MLSD
causing the time outs?  I googled as you suggested, but all I found is
discussion that the time out is caused my misconfigured firewalls not
allowing active/passive connections, and various suggestions for working
around that problem.