Compatibility between M$ Office and LibreOffice

William Scott Lockwood III scott at guppylog.com
Tue Apr 7 14:07:28 UTC 2015

On Tue, Apr 7, 2015 at 9:04 AM, Robert Heller <heller at deepsoft.com> wrote:
> My understanding is the M$ put too much capability into their macro language
> -- gave it access to parts of the system that it really should not have, that
> is they did not properly sandbox it.  I suspect that LibreOffice's macro
> language is properly sandboxed, which probably means that some M$ macros won't
> work, even if translated.

There's very little in terms of features and functionality that you
would want that it doesn't support. The problem is that people just
sort of assume that anything they write in one will work in the other.
This may be true if all you do is math. The simple fact is, LO/OOo is
a different product, and while it does have equivalent functionality,
certain aspects of how you achieve the same ends are very different.

--
W. Scott Lockwood III