upgrade 12.04->14.04

steve reilly steve at reillyblog.com
Sat Sep 27 18:40:03 UTC 2014

Hi all

its been awhile since ive had to think about this, well, since i
installed 12.04.  Ive got some home business related databases running
on this desktop, billing software and such and a teamviewer seat
license attached, so i want to be sure everything will be ok.
databases are backed up several times a week, so no worries there.

Question is: if I upgrade this kernel to 14.04, will the other 12.04
kernels I have that currently work fine still be available after I
upgrade this one? you know.  just in case this one gets borked.  Ive
already seen messages pre upgrade that one of the older nvidia cards i
use wont work properly, so somewhat worried. one is a 9800gt, the
other is an fx5200.

Steve Reilly