Ubuntu+Chrome=problems

Vitor Moreira vitor.s.moreira at gmail.com
Sat Sep 27 09:25:46 UTC 2014

Hi,
Sorry for putting this question here without first properly ascertaining if
it has been answered.
Is the following, on my laptop (Sony Vaio VGN-FE31H with Graphics card
NVIDIA® GeForce® Go 7400 with TurboCache™ supporting 256MB), Ubuntu (14:04
LTS 32-bits) and Google Chrome/Chromium do not match too well.
If I use the driver from the manufacturer/owner recommended, or the driver
of open source, the problems arise: after some operations of alternations
between tabs in Chrome, to be able to display the window in another tab I
have to minimize the current window and then maximize again, the same
procedure for the remaining assets separators.
This problem occurs only in Google browsers, Firefox I suppose not. I say
suppose because I do not use much.
In Linux Mint Mate (I have in multiboot) happens exactly the same.
The most effective/efficient driver (which does not happen) is the
alternative owner, this which is selected from the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/bkjhdlj22ccxnry/Captura_controladores.png?dl=0

Solution?

Regards,
Vitor Moreira