Updated SSL codes

GaryTaig taig at melbpc.org.au
Tue Nov 18 13:18:43 UTC 2014

On 18/11/14 04:23, Nils Kassube wrote:

> GaryT wrote:
>> Does anyone know how/from where I can upgrade my SSL codes on FireFox
>> (v20) without having to completely reinstall it?
>> Most web sites apparently have new security codes and my SSL is now
>> out of date.  The following message comes up every time.  It's
>> annoying to say the least.

> I think it looks more like firefox demands more secure algorithms than
> the website offers. To me this looks like a firefox error message:

Nils, I mentioned this to a computer shop owner a few days ago and he
suggested it had to do with an increase in security levels. He had given
new codes for his web site some days earlier and when I read the message
to him over the phone his opinion was that the message was  associated
with that increased security.

It sounded right also, because one of the blocks I've encountered was
Telstra - never had a problem in the past.  Another was Paypal, I've
never has any issues with PayPal but several days ago I was blocked from
going to the PayPal site.

But you are right, it definitely is a FireFox message. It's FF telling
me it cannot connect. I concluded FF really did need new security codes.
The computer shop fellow suggested reinstall the latest FFox. No time
for that at present.
GT