Updated SSL codes

Nils Kassube kassube at gmx.net
Tue Nov 18 13:54:10 UTC 2014

GaryTaig wrote:
> On 18/11/14 04:23, Nils Kassube wrote:
> > GaryT wrote:
> >> Does anyone know how/from where I can upgrade my SSL codes on
> >> FireFox
> >> (v20) without having to completely reinstall it?
> >> Most web sites apparently have new security codes and my SSL is now
> >> out of date.  The following message comes up every time.  It's
> >> annoying to say the least.
> >
> > I think it looks more like firefox demands more secure algorithms
> > than
> > the website offers. To me this looks like a firefox error message:
> Nils, I mentioned this to a computer shop owner a few days ago and he
> suggested it had to do with an increase in security levels. He had
> given new codes for his web site some days earlier and when I read
> the message to him over the phone his opinion was that the message
> was  associated with that increased security.

Obviously I overlooked the version number "V20" you mentioned. I thought
it was the other way, i.e. that the current firefox version demands a
certain ssl version which the website doesn't yet support. Version 20 is
really an ancient version - it looks like you are still running Ubuntu
10.04. As firefox seems to use it's own ssl code, I'm quite sure that
you can't upgrade the ssl code alone.

Nils