Resuming Deja Dup Backups After Reinstall

Sajan Parikh sajan at parikh.io
Fri Mar 28 07:43:50 UTC 2014

I installed Ubuntu 13.10.
I setup Deja Dup over SSH.
I let this run daily for a 4 months.
I've now reinstalled Ubuntu 13.10.

There is an encryption password set on the backups.

How can I go about backing up to the same location, adding on to the
existing backup set and just continuing?

When I open 'Backup', I get the following screen.

http://i.sajan.io/1395992524.png

If I go through the process of "I want to restore files from..." I can
successfully log in, find, and restore my backups.

If I go to 'Just show my backup settings'...and setup that same
location, I'm afraid the existing backups will be deleted or will not be
added onto for future restoration.  Or won't it?

Hopefully that makes sense.
--
Sajan Parikh