Google Chrome failed to set acute accent

Liam Proven lproven at gmail.com
Thu Jun 5 07:09:39 UTC 2014

On 5 June 2014 00:03, Washington Indacochea <wachin.id at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hellow Liam, OK is an acute accent (sorry I am a spanish parlant). I think
> that is a Bug in Google Chrome, I use UbuntuStudio 14.04 i386 XFCE defalult
> window manager, the acute accent working on other applications like
> LibreOffice, Kate, Gedit, Mozilla Firefox, Thunderbird, GoldenDict, but in
> Google Chrome not working, I think that is a Bug because when I reset all
> config of the browser Google Chrome, put in the browser:
>
> chrome://settings/
>
> In:
>
> show advanced settings
>
> in:
>
> reset the browser
>
> the acute accent working fine, but when I install extension, or when I
> change the
> settings, failed to acute accent

OK... more info, that is good.

So, not working where. You cannot see it in web pages? You cannot
enter it in web pages? You cannot enter it in URLs?

Does it work if you copy and paste it from another program?

Can you see it and copy it from this page:  http://copypastecharacter.com/

Is it the separate character/key or the one on ñ/Ñ that does not work?

If it is on web pages, try opening the identical page in Firefox for comparison.

Also, you could try the free Chromium Browser and see if it works there.

--
Liam Proven * Profile: http://lproven.livejournal.com/profile
Email: lproven at cix.co.uk * GMail/G+/Twitter/Flickr/Facebook: lproven