Erasing a CD-RW easily

Johnny Rosenberg gurus.knugum at gmail.com
Tue Jan 7 18:55:55 UTC 2014

014/1/7 Pete Smout <smoutpete at gmail.com>

> @google hope you enjoyed reading this, It had nothing to do with you!
> sent from my HTC.
> On Jan 7, 2014 12:10 AM, "John R. Sowden" <jsowden at americansentry.net>
> wrote:

> http://www.webupd8.org/2013/10/install-nemo-with-unity-patches-and.html

> that feature before!
> available when right clicking the icon on the desktop, not from unity
> launcher!  This option has been removed in 13.10 (i hadn't noticed until I
> looked) but I hope it will give you a clue where to start looking!
> them (usb pen drives and cdr's being so cheap now)
> right click of icon of mounted drive on the desktop (again no big deal to
> me), but another feature removed! Before we know it we'll be as restricted
> as Windows users!
> >>
> >> Yes, I agree. This wasn't why I left Windows. If I had liked Windows, I
> wouldn't leave it, I left it for a reason, or rather for thousands of
> reasons, and I was so happy that Ubuntu (7.04) didn't even look like
> Windows! And I felt a little at home since my old school days, working in
> Unix around 1990 or so.
> >>
> >> Anyway, I really don't understand that philosophy of removing features.
> If something is going to be removed because it could confuse beginners,
> then let there be an easily available ”control panel” or something with an
> ”Advanced” tab where the user can bring those features back by just ticking
> some check-boxes and things like that. How hard can it be?
> >>
> >> Well, I know, I'm repeating myself, sorry.
> >>

> >> Johnny Rosenberg

> >> question: I have used the kde burner in the past and it was good.  my
> concern is: if I install the kde burner, doesn't that mean that I have to
> load onto my computer a bunch of kde enviornment stuff as opposed to the
> xfce that I am running now?, or even gnome?
> >

> > John
> >

> > --
> >

> Hi,
>
> I use unity, and k3b by default, installing k3b brought in approx 10 other
> packages but not kde itself! Some (from memory) were kde lib files but no
> probs encountered and it just works!
> I personally don't like brasero, not anything wrong with it, I just prefer
> k3b!
> Don't be afraid to install it, if you do it from the terminal, (sudo
> apt-get install k3b) adding -s to the end will simulate installation, and
> you van check what it brings in!
> Hope this helps.
>
> Pete s

I actually rejected Brasero for a while and used GnomeBaker instead. Why?
Because with GnomeBaker I could burn my 24-bit FLAC files to Audio CD
without converting to 16-bit first. GnomeBaker did that for me, just like
it should. Brasero just spat out a retarded error message.
What about k3b in that case? I never tried it myself, and I never burn
Audio CDs these days, but I'm curious anyway… Maybe today's Brasero can do
that conversion automatically, I didn't test that since a couple of years
ago.

Johnny Rosenberg