Erasing a CD-RW easily

Pete Smout smoutpete at gmail.com
Tue Jan 7 00:45:45 UTC 2014

@google hope you enjoyed reading this, It had nothing to do with you!
sent from my HTC.

http://www.webupd8.org/2013/10/install-nemo-with-unity-patches-and.html

>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I have been reading this thread with great interest as I have used that
feature before!
>>> I put my old HDD into my machine and booted 11.10 and the feature was
available when right clicking the icon on the desktop, not from unity
launcher!  This option has been removed in 13.10 (i hadn't noticed until I
looked) but I hope it will give you a clue where to start looking!
>>> My cdrw's are on there last legs anyway and I don't plan on.replacing
them (usb pen drives and cdr's being so cheap now)
>>> Also missing from saucy is the option to format USB drives from the
right click of icon of mounted drive on the desktop (again no big deal to
me), but another feature removed! Before we know it we'll be as restricted
as Windows users!

>> Yes, I agree. This wasn't why I left Windows. If I had liked Windows, I
wouldn't leave it, I left it for a reason, or rather for thousands of
reasons, and I was so happy that Ubuntu (7.04) didn't even look like
Windows! And I felt a little at home since my old school days, working in
Unix around 1990 or so.

>> Anyway, I really don't understand that philosophy of removing features.
If something is going to be removed because it could confuse beginners,
then let there be an easily available ”control panel” or something with an
”Advanced” tab where the user can bring those features back by just ticking
some check-boxes and things like that. How hard can it be?

>> Well, I know, I'm repeating myself, sorry.
>>

>> Johnny Rosenberg
>>

>>> Regards
>>>
>>> Pete s
>>>

>> question: I have used the kde burner in the past and it was good.  my
concern is: if I install the kde burner, doesn't that mean that I have to
load onto my computer a bunch of kde enviornment stuff as opposed to the
xfce that I am running now?, or even gnome?

> John

Hi,

I use unity, and k3b by default, installing k3b brought in approx 10 other
packages but not kde itself! Some (from memory) were kde lib files but no
probs encountered and it just works!
I personally don't like brasero, not anything wrong with it, I just prefer
k3b!
Don't be afraid to install it, if you do it from the terminal, (sudo
apt-get install k3b) adding -s to the end will simulate installation, and
you van check what it brings in!
Hope this helps.

Pete s