Erasing a CD-RW easily

Liam Proven lproven at gmail.com
Sun Jan 5 19:33:26 UTC 2014

On 5 January 2014 18:48, Johnny Rosenberg <gurus.knugum at gmail.com> wrote:
> I know that I have seen instructions somewhere how to do it, but I can't
> find them now.

Ahh, I see.

Does this help?

http://ubuntugenius.wordpress.com/2010/07/02/one-click-erase-of-cd-rw-dvd-rw-rewritable-discs-in-ubuntu/

Question:

Do you mean that "erase disk" was a context menu option for a *desktop
icon* in GNOME 2?

Are you right-clicking the *launcher* icon or the *desktop* icon?

I would not expect this to work from the launcher, no. But from the
desktop, if it used to before, perhaps yes. The desktop is managed by
Nautilus; the launcher is not.

If you do not have desktop icons, the easiest way to re-enable them
(that I know of) is to install "Unity Tweak Tool" from the
repositories. Then it is under System|Desktop icons.

Do this, reboot if necessary, insert a disk and then try
right-clicking on the disk's icon. I don't know if this will do what
you want, but it sounds like it might be closer.

Tel: +44 20-8685-0498 • Cell: +44 7939-087884