Erasing a CD-RW easily

Johnny Rosenberg gurus.knugum at gmail.com
Sun Jan 5 18:48:30 UTC 2014

2014/1/5 Liam Proven <lproven at gmail.com>

> On 5 January 2014 12:40, Johnny Rosenberg <gurus.knugum at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I suppose nobody knows, then…?
>

> I don't know - I stoppedusing CD-RW disks years ago. (They are
> relatively expensive, some computers cannot boot from them, & with
> time they get scratched & unusable anyway. I switched to plain CDR and
> now DVD-Rs - they are very cheap.)

I use them only because that's the ONLY way (for me) to copy audio tracks
from my Roland VS-2480 (a 12 years old 24-channel audio recording device
with built-in everything and a little more) to computers. Other than that,
I don't use them either.

> One way might be to install K3B, which is the most full-featured
> optical-disk-burning app I know of for Linux...

I have Brasero and I can also erase a CD-RW with a one-liner using
cdrecord, but that's not the problem. I want to be able to right click the
CD icon and then click Erase (or Blank or whatever is the proper word). I
just want it as simple as it was in Ubuntu 10.10 and earlier. I know that I
have seen instructions somewhere how to do it, but I can't find them now.
Still, somebody out there must know how to do this, right?
I just can't believe that I'm the only one who miss that feature.

Unfortunately, people who know stuff are quite busy using their knowledges,
so I guess they don't have time to answer questions like this one.

Johnny Rosenberg