advertisement?

Thomas Blasejewicz thomas at s7.dion.ne.jp
Wed Aug 6 16:48:18 UTC 2014

Good evening
As I said 2 minutes ago in a different post, I just installed 14.04.
When you click on this uppermost left icon in order to look for software
(whatever name that thing has),
there used to pop up softwares installed on the computer.

With 14.04, when I type in for example "ibus", I get a whole bunch of
"references" to places, dictionaries etc. ...
AND A LOT OF advertisement!!!
Like BMW parts, computer cables, smart phones ....

What possible meaning can advertisements have in a section where you
look for installed software??????

Is there any way of turing this nonsense off?

Thank you.
Thomas