Ubuntu One will be shut down

Dave Woyciesjes woyciesjes at sbcglobal.net
Tue Apr 15 19:35:57 UTC 2014

On 04/15/2014 03:18 PM, Johnny Rosenberg wrote:
> <mailto:smoutpete at gmail.com>>:
>
>     On 15/04/14 19:20, Dave Woyciesjes wrote:
>
>         On 04/15/2014 02:09 PM, Johnny Rosenberg wrote:

>             <woyciesjes at sbcglobal.net <mailto:woyciesjes at sbcglobal.net>
>             <mailto:woyciesjes at sbcglobal.net
>             <mailto:woyciesjes at sbcglobal.net>>>:
>
>                 (*** Fixed reply posting order ***)
>

>                 On 04/02/2014 11:21 PM, Ryan Gauger wrote:
>
>                     On Apr 2, 2014, at 10:00 PM, Martín Cigorraga
>                     <martincigorraga at gmail.com
>             <mailto:martincigorraga at gmail.com>
>             <mailto:martincigorraga at gmail.com
>             <mailto:martincigorraga at gmail.com>>
>                     <mailto:martincigorraga at gmail.com
>             <mailto:martincigorraga at gmail.com>
>                     <mailto:martincigorraga at gmail.com
>             <mailto:martincigorraga at gmail.com>>>> wrote:
>

>                             On Apr 2, 2014 4:07 PM, "Dave Woyciesjes"
>                             <woyciesjes at sbcglobal.net
>             <mailto:woyciesjes at sbcglobal.net>
>             <mailto:woyciesjes at sbcglobal.net
>             <mailto:woyciesjes at sbcglobal.net>>
>                             <mailto:woyciesjes at sbcglobal.net
>             <mailto:woyciesjes at sbcglobal.net>
>                             <mailto:woyciesjes at sbcglobal.net
>             <mailto:woyciesjes at sbcglobal.net>>>> wrote:
>
>                                      2014-04-02 17:34, Christian Benz
>             skrev:
>

>                                              Just to let you know:
>
>             http://blog.canonical.com/__2014/04/02/shutting-down-__ubuntu-one-file-services/
>

>             <http://blog.canonical.com/2014/04/02/shutting-down-ubuntu-one-file-services/>
>

>                                  Yes, true. But I have started using
>             Wuala (by
>             LaCie):
>             http://www.wuala.com/referral/__PP5AF64H4NP4AHH5MJNG
>

>              <http://www.wuala.com/referral/PP5AF64H4NP4AHH5MJNG>
>
>                                  5GB on the free plan, and if you
>             refer people who
>                             join, you get
>                                  additional GB of storage.
>
>                                  Pretty easy to setup & use, works on
>             any OS, any
>                             Linux. Nice to
>                                  have for my Debian machine. :)
>

>                  >> Best part about Wuala is that it encrypts files
>             locally before
>                  >> uploading anything to the cloud so nobody but you
>             (or with
>             your pwd,
>                  >> that is) can ever access them.
>                  >>
>                  >> Another interesting cloud syncing solution is Copy.com
>                  >> <http://Copy.com>, while they don't offer strong
>             encryption as
>             Wuala
>
>                  >> does you get 15GB just by signing up.
>
>                  > I will definitely look into it. Is there an easy
>             way to move files
>                  > from Ubuntu One at the moment?
>
>                          Yep. Ubuntu One syncs all to one folder. The
>             encrypted
>                 Wuala file gets mounted as another folder. I just did
>             the standard
>                 method of moving files/folders in Nautilus from one to
>             the other.
>                          Easy peasy...
>

>             Does any of the suggested replacements to UbuntuOne
>             feature a command
>             line tool such as "u1sdtool"?
>

>     Hi,

> [...]

     OK, thanks. Not sure if Wuala does...
Let's see.....
Ahh, yes, wualacmd for command line fiddling:

:~$ wualacmd --help
Running on display :0
/usr/bin/java
Loader 3 version 2013-01-11
The following commands are available:
addFile
changeDate
clearCache
copy
createFolder
delete
disableStatusServer
doc
download
echo
enableStatusServer
exists
exit
getAttributes
getCurrentUser
getIdentifier
getInitializationLevel
getPath
getPaths
getQuota
getRunningDir
getStatusServerAddress
getWualaTime
isUptodate
limitInrate
limitOutrate
list
listContacts
listGroups
login
logout
move
printStackTraces
rename
restart
setCacheSize
setInrate
setOutrate
setRestartOnUpdate
showSettings
shutdown
testTcp
version
Type 'help COMMAND' to get help for a specific command.

--
--- Dave Woyciesjes
Registered Linux user number 464583

- from some guy on the internet.