How to uninstall things installed with dpkg?

Johnny Rosenberg gurus.knugum at gmail.com
Sun May 19 16:54:44 UTC 2013

I downloaded Apache OpenOffice and installed it a while ago on my
Ubuntu 12.04 system. Now I ran into some dependency issues when
installing a package that also started to install LibreOffice for some
strange reason.
I have tried a lot of things to get out of this ”dependency hell”, but
nothing helped so far. Next thing to try is to uninstall Apache
OpenOffice (3.4), but I can't figure out how to do it.
I still have the installation files (a lot of deb files) and I used
dpkg -i o* in the DEBS folder to install it, plus the same in the
DEBS/desktop-integration folder.
But uninstalling it doesn't seem too obvious to me…

Johnny Rosenberg