firefox, trackers and ghostery

Gene Heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Mon Jul 15 13:11:28 UTC 2013

On Monday 15 July 2013 09:10:45 Basil Chupin did opine:

> On 15/07/13 08:38, Gene Heskett wrote:

> >> Hi
> >>
> >> Just to say +1 for ghostery!
> >>
> >> Since the prism revelations I am 'trying' to prevent the general
> >> scooping of data, to at least make em work for it!
> >>
> >> Pete
> >
> > I just installed it, and it seems to work, but who is it sending data
> > back to?  Just asking, but I always have the TANSTAAFL principle in
> > mind.  Just like if you think the peanuts are free, check the price
> > of the beer. :)
> >
> > Cheers, Gene
>
> Add to Ghostery the following extensions:
>
> Better Privacy
>
> AdBlock
>
> Cookie Culler
>
> NoScript
>
> RefControl
>
> RequestPolicy
>
> Secure Or Not
>
> Trustware SecureBrowsing
>
> BC

I have several o those, but theres about 3 there that are new to me.

Thanks Basil.

Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
My views
One of the lessons of history is that nothing is often a good thing to
do and always a clever thing to say.
		-- Will Durant
         law-abiding citizens.