Slow disk I/O - was Re: Seeking Help

Rashkae ubuntu at tigershaunt.com
Wed Jan 23 13:35:42 UTC 2013

On 01/23/2013 08:06 AM, geoff at thebakershome.net wrote:

> Connection is DSL. The computer is connected to a DDWRT based router
> (Linksys 610 or something like that, and then to the router/modem from
> Internet provider).

Allright then, where in the blazes does 173.23.1.1 come from?  From what
I'm seeing, that should be the Ip address of your Linksys.  However,
that address and is not valid to use for your Internal lan when
connecting to the Internet.  You need to configure your router to use an
IP address from the private IP addresses.  (Shown here:
http://wiki.openvz.org/Unrouteable_private_ip_address)  Most likely
192.168.1.1 would be a good candidate.

Looking back at this thread, I see you provide more examples of problem
that are more disk I/O based, rather than networked based.  All the
same, can you devise a test that you can boot the computer with the
network cable unplugged, and see if it's still acting slow?