Ubuntu instability

Liam Proven lproven at gmail.com
Sat Aug 31 18:54:37 UTC 2013

[Top-posting deliberately]

There's a second Windows recovery command you could try, according to this:

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/RestoreUbuntu/XP/Vista/7Bootloader

it's

bootrec /fixboot

The page recommends using both.

Do you know if the computer has UEFI firmware or a BIOS? I have little
experience with UEFI but I believe it complicates matters
considerably...

 - LP