Blank Updates status

Nils Kassube kassube at gmx.net
Sat Aug 17 18:58:34 UTC 2013

John R. Sowden wrote:
> I am surprised that we are not hearing feedback re: the blank updates.
> Is canonical testing us to see if we are gullible enough to just
> download anything?  Is this a survey to test our level of concern re:
> security?

In what way did you inform Canonical about the problem that you expect a
feedback from them? And why do you ask here? This is a list where Ubuntu
users can get technical support from other Ubuntu users. Please don't
expect Canonical to watch this list.

BTW: There was a reply to your previous thread with a link to a bug
report where a workaround was mentioned. Did that not work for you?

Nils