13.X formal stable release

Phil Dobbin bukowskiscat at gmail.com
Sun Apr 21 13:29:33 UTC 2013

On 04/21/2013 02:22 PM, Jared Norris wrote:

> On 21 April 2013 23:16, Phil Dobbin <bukowskiscat at gmail.com
> <mailto:bukowskiscat at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     On 04/21/2013 02:13 PM, Colin Law wrote:
>     > On 21 April 2013 14:07, Phil Dobbin <bukowskiscat at gmail.com
>     <mailto:bukowskiscat at gmail.com>> wrote:
>     >> On 04/21/2013 07:33 AM, Colin Law wrote:
>     >>
>     >>> On 21 April 2013 02:13, JD <jd1008 at gmail.com
>     <mailto:jd1008 at gmail.com>> wrote:
>     >>>> Hi,
>     >>>> where can I view the schedule for
>     >>>> the formal stable release of 13.X ?
>     >>>
>     >>> Did you try google?  If found [1] for me instantly
>     >>>
>     >>> [1] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/RaringRingtail/ReleaseSchedule
>     >>
>     >> Colin, am I correct in assuming that no live media will be
>     available for
>     >> it & the only update course is via 12.10's Software Update. Or will
>     >> bfo.iso or a net install achieve the desired results?
>     >
>     > As far as I am aware 13.04 will be available in all the usual formats.
>
>     Thanks. I'm sure I saw mention amongst the hundreds of Ubuntu related
>     feeds I receive that no live media was available but I'll be glad if
>     that's not the case.
>
>     I'll check it out & report back.
>

> It's possible you were confusing that Canonical will not be sending out
> free CDs to all locos for each release anymore. From now on they will
> only be sending out conference packs and the CDs included will only be
> LTS versions. That's the only conversation on that topic I'd seen.
>
> Personally makes sense to me, everyone can still request conference
> packs, there is just not default sending out of CDs without purpose.

You may well be right. After a ten minute search, I can't find any sign
of what I thought I'd seen. Must've been dreaming.

Anyway, I just downloaded yesterday's Daily which will serve its purpose
(install into a VM).

Sorry for the noise.

Cheers,

  Phil...

--
currently (ab)using
CentOS 5.9 & 6.4, Debian Squeeze & Wheezy, Fedora Beefy & Spherical,