13.X formal stable release

Jared Norris jrnorris at gmail.com
Sun Apr 21 13:22:52 UTC 2013

On 21 April 2013 23:16, Phil Dobbin <bukowskiscat at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 04/21/2013 02:13 PM, Colin Law wrote:

> >> Colin, am I correct in assuming that no live media will be available for
> >> it & the only update course is via 12.10's Software Update. Or will
> >> bfo.iso or a net install achieve the desired results?
> >
> > As far as I am aware 13.04 will be available in all the usual formats.
>
> Thanks. I'm sure I saw mention amongst the hundreds of Ubuntu related
> feeds I receive that no live media was available but I'll be glad if
> that's not the case.
>
> I'll check it out & report back.
>
> Cheers,
>
>   Phil...
>
> --
> currently (ab)using
> CentOS 5.9 & 6.4, Debian Squeeze & Wheezy, Fedora Beefy & Spherical,
> Lubuntu 12.10, OpenSuSE 12.3, OS X Snow Leopard & Ubuntu Precise & Quantal
> GnuPG Key : http://www.horse-latitudes.co.uk/publickey.asc

It's possible you were confusing that Canonical will not be sending out
free CDs to all locos for each release anymore. From now on they will only
be sending out conference packs and the CDs included will only be LTS
versions. That's the only conversation on that topic I'd seen.

Personally makes sense to me, everyone can still request conference packs,
there is just not default sending out of CDs without purpose.

--
Regards,

Jared Norris
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/JaredNorris