problems with 10.04 upgrade to 12.04

Dave Howorth dhoworth at mrc-lmb.cam.ac.uk
Mon Sep 10 15:31:38 UTC 2012

NoOp wrote:
> On 09/07/2012 04:07 AM, Dave Howorth wrote:
>> I haven't run that particular variation before - haven't seen it
>> anywhere AFAIK and nobody's asked me to run it. Anyway it's now doing a
>> lot of unpacking and replacing and processing so hopefully it is making
>> some progress. More later when it finishes.
>
> Perhaps you should have read the bug report that I pointed you to
> several days ago... :-)

Perhaps I should have a better memory as well :)

Clearly "haven't ... AFAIK" in this case really meant "have"! But I'd
forgotten.

> Regarding your python warnings:

Hmm, don't know anything much about python. It's just something the
system uses.

> Regarding the 'Setting locale failed' - are you still doing all of this
> via ssh?
> <http://askubuntu.com/questions/144235/locale-variables-have-no-effect-in-remote-shell-perl-warning-setting-locale-f>

Yes, I use the Danish locale for time display, since I prefer ISO
format, so I just had to re-add that locale. Not sure why the upgrade
lost it but that's way down in the noise.