Running an old tic.exe under wine -- need aboutwep.dll

Kevin O'Gorman kogorman at gmail.com
Sat Nov 24 04:23:13 UTC 2012

I have a copy of tic.exe that I used to have under some old version of
Windows.  I tried running it under wine, and it complains about a missing
aboutwep.dll.

Now I know that there are trojans/viruses that go under both names.  I'm
pretty sure the tic I have actually plays the game, and I never had reason
that old system had malware, and I'm anyway willing to take that risk.

But I've not found a method of getting this working again, under wine, and
the original system is long gone.

Advice?

--
Kevin O'Gorman