upgrade to 12.04 broke most of things.

Sivan Green sivang at gmail.com
Wed May 16 15:53:27 UTC 2012

On Wed, May 16, 2012 at 6:27 PM, Liam Proven <lproven at gmail.com> wrote:
> What "icon files"? Missing from where? What are you expecting to see
> or find and what are you actually seeing or finding?

Icons files of the user interface (sorry for being vauge), I completed
the install now (apparently update through update-manager in GUI form
left the system in a state where I had to apt-get -f install /
dist-upgrade to fix it).

>> and the GNOME short cuts for windows (maximize , minimize -
>> ALT-F5 , ALT-F10 etc) do not work anymore.
>
> I am not sure what shortcuts these are. I use the standard
> cross-platform ones such as Alt-Space, X and so on, and F11 for
> fullscreen, and these work just fine.

when I try those standard ones, it doesn't work - I can see from the
terminal that this shortcuts are not bound anymore. Perhaps I need to
purge and re install keyboard binding configuration file for GNOME ,
e.g. through gnome-settings or so?

>> Switching tasks (ALT-TAB)
>> also does not work anymore.
>
> Does for me!
>
> Are you sure that your install completed successfully?

Indeed it did not, but now even after sudo apt-get -f install it is
still the same.

Any help will be appreciated.

-Sivan