Subject: new pc with radeon 6670hd GPU.. cant install ubuntu

R Wooster rwooster at live.co.uk
Sun May 13 18:17:01 UTC 2012

Message ID BLU167-ds20D4FCD78430968B17B9A8F5170 at phx.gbl
Hi Michael
Thanks for replying.
I have windows 7 installed and it runs ok. but wish to eventually install Ubuntu dual boot.

The GPU (Radeon 6670HD ) is on a PCI e. card the card is 2 Gig and doesn’t seem to be recognised by Ubuntu. as the initial start of CD the Ubuntu colour and screen comes up but within seconds after Ubuntu starts running it’s setup, the screen goes to lines and then the monitor goes into standby saying no signal.
I tried the motherboard D pin graphics slot thinking it may over-ride the PCIe GPU , then once I had Ubuntu running I could then download an appropriate driver. but I couldn’t get a monitor to work off the M’board D pin at all. so cant get past Go!

WIth Thanks
Bob