xubuntu 12.04 and webmin

compdoc compdoc at hotrodpc.com
Tue May 1 21:55:24 UTC 2012

> I would like to hear the reasons why some people
>don't like it as it proves to be a very reliable OS manager
>(for Linux).

In the Ubuntu IRC support channel on freenode, they say that webmin has not
handled conf files properly for the last couple of versions of Ubuntu, among
other reasons.

I left webmin long ago when I learned to set up services in a way that's
native to the OS. Of course, I do understand the desire to control things
from a simple gui.

> I don't like answers like "in Ubuntu is the package was
>not maintained in Debian and the Debian Developer who
>had been maintaining it requested its removal a few years ago".

Is that an imaginary example, or something you've heard that's specific to
webmin?