migration path suggestions?

Basil Chupin blchupin at iinet.net.au
Wed Mar 14 04:29:25 UTC 2012

On 14/03/12 14:30, M.R. wrote:
> On 03/14/2012 01:37 AM, Rashkae wrote:
>
>> That being said, Unity is really not designed to be configurable (on
>> purpose, if you can wrap your head around that insult.). If you don't
>> like the way Ubuntu does things, ditching Unity is probably the best
>> way to go.
>
> The more I look at 12.04, the more I'm coming to that conclusion.
>
> I wish there was a succinct statement of the purpose behind all those
> changes to gui, so that based on that I can make the decision. As it
> is, I'm forced to decipher their strategy behind it all looking at a
> large volume of details, with a significant investment of my time.
> As it appears, that investment is likely to be lost...
>
> Ditching Unity (12.04 GUI/desktop?) means ditching Ubuntu, right?
>
> If that turns out to be my conclusion, what would be the logical
> migration path for someone with a fairly high-end desktop computer,
> who was perfectly happy with 10.04? It would appear I have somewhat
> less than one year to decide (10.04 support end-date, April 2013).
>
> M.R.

I am not a Moderator but I do have to make this firm request:

do *NOT*, repeat *NOT*, keep altering the Subject heading of an existing
thread when you reply to a post!

This is not the first time that you have done this so please cut it out!

If you want to start a new thread then do so but leave an existing
thread alone.

Thanks.

BC

--
The vulgar crowd always is taken by appearances, and the world consists chiefly of the vulgar.
                    Niccolo Machiavelli