migration path suggestions?

Ric Moore wayward4now at gmail.com
Wed Mar 14 06:37:50 UTC 2012

On 03/13/2012 11:45 PM, Rashkae wrote:

> It's a shame that those of us who were comfortable with Gnome 2 now have
> to go desktop shopping all over again, but I can't fault Ubuntu for that
> all. It was the Gnome maintainers who forced abandoned it.

I dunno, I've always installed whatever ubuntu has on the base install,
as I figure the original has a better chance at installing my drivers,
etc. correctly from the get go. THEN I install whatever desktop I wish
to use instead. That has been the only time I've ever used gnome ...just
long enough to insure synaptic is installed and then I load up from
there. For me, the entire discussion is futile. I get a great install
experience, everything works and I just chose the desktop I prefer
...for free. It doesn't get any better than that. it's not as if Deep
Thought has rolled it all into one take-it-or-leave-it ball.

So, pity the Windows users who will get a similar interface and PAY  it!
<snidely laughs> Ric

http://linuxcounter.net/user/44256.html