changing the subject line

M.R. makrober at gmail.com
Wed Mar 14 13:37:08 UTC 2012

On 03/14/2012 04:29 AM, Basil Chupin wrote:
> I am not a Moderator but I do have to make this firm request...

I'm glad you are not (the moderator :). You and I are in no
position here to make requests (firm or otherwise), only the
suggestions.

May I point out that the purpose of the subject line is to
succinctly outline the main point of the post text. And that,
of course, varies from post to post.

Mail client program's role is to keep a tread together using the
information in message headers. If properly used subject lines
bother you, I guess you either have a sub-standard mail client
program, or could productively spend some time learning to use
its features?

cheers, M.R.