What program for authoring flowcharts

Ryan Gauger rtgkid at gmail.com
Wed Jun 13 13:44:05 UTC 2012

On 06/12/2012 11:27 PM, Eddie G.O'Connor Jr-I wrote:
> "IMHO, the best way to create a flowchart is with either OpenOffice
> Draw, or LibreOffice Draw. I don't know if there is still a way to
> install OpenOffice, since LibreOffice has replaced it starting with
> Natty. Thanks"
>
> isn't LibreOffice a more "feature rich" version of OpenOffice? or are
> they the same exact thing? I use LibreOffice because that's what came
> with Ubuntu, I just figured it was identical to OpenOffice which I
> used to use on a Windows box I had from back in the days.....
>

> EGO II

LibreOffice is a different program from OpenOffice. I think they are
pretty much the same right now. I think some of the features in
OpenOffice have been enhanced in LibreOffice. LibreOffice is more free
than OpenOffice. LO is thinking about integrating a cool new appearance
to compete with MS Office sometime in the near future, I hope it comes in!