Mouse not working when ubuntu boots

Basil Chupin blchupin at iinet.net.au
Sat Jul 21 07:11:03 UTC 2012

On 21/07/12 05:39, Hazan PĂ©rez wrote:

[...........]

> I have installed the proprietary drivers for my graphics card, an AMD
> Radeon HD 6700 series, following the instructions from this page [1]
> Maybe this behavior is related to the proprietary driver?

Now here I cannot help any further as I have never used Radeon/ATI
graphic cards but have always used something which I know always work -
namely, nVidia.

However, think about what has been suggested so far re the possible
cause of your hassles - like PS/2 vs USB/wireless - and see if these
suggestions may contain the solution.

One more thing: have you tried using another mouse or using your mouse
on another computer just to see if the results are the same?

BC

--
Using openSUSE 12.2 x86_64 KDE 4.8.4 & kernel 3.4.4.2 on a system with-
AMD FX 8-core 3.6/4.2GHz processor