Mouse not working when ubuntu boots

Hazan Pérez hapk02 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 20 19:39:28 UTC 2012

El vie 20 jul 2012 08:52:32 COT, Basil Chupin escribió:
> On 19/07/12 02:36, Hazan Pérez wrote:
>
> [...........]
>

>> Once I boot into Ubuntu the physical mouse is "off" (the red led is
>> off) after something like a minute passes. Even if I click, which
>> activates the mouse, the cursor is non-responsive to the mouse
>> movements and clicks. Yes, there is a cursor in the screen all the
>> time, but it only works after the mouse "activates", that is, after
>> waiting something like a minute. Doesn't matter if I'm on lightDM or
>> if I have logged into any user, one minute after I boot into Ubuntu
>> the mouse works. It's only in that minute that the mouse is
>> completely non-responsive.
>>

> Hazan, and all others, please forgive me but I have forgotten what was
> said before this and have to ask this question again (if it was
> already asked before): do you have the proper graphics driver
> installed in your system for your graphics card?
>
> Some problems with regards to mices have been caused by having the
> basic, default, video driver installed on the system. Just as an
> example, the default video driver usually installed by a system for a
> nVidia graphics card is called 'nouveau' but then when you install the
> latest nVidia driver (from the nVidia site), which is driver #295.59,
> all problems disappear.
>
> BC

I have installed the proprietary drivers for my graphics card, an AMD
Radeon HD 6700 series, following the instructions from this page [1]
Maybe this behavior is related to the proprietary driver?

[1] http://wiki.cchtml.com/index.php/Ubuntu_Precise_Installation_Guide

--

Hazan Pérez C.
Twisto Creative