Changes to CCSM in Ubuntu 11.10 don't take effect

Colin Law clanlaw at googlemail.com
Sat Feb 11 15:53:07 UTC 2012

On 11 February 2012 04:47, Jkhatri <khatri.jatin at gmail.com> wrote:
> rather doing that run "/usr/lib/nux/unity_support_test -p " command in
> terminal and see what comes out ,
>
> if all is "YES" your hardware is capable to run 3d version ..

Just mentioning that that is not infallible:

$ /usr/lib/nux/unity_support_test -p
OpenGL vendor string:   Tungsten Graphics, Inc
OpenGL renderer string: Mesa DRI Intel(R) 945GM x86/MMX/SSE2
OpenGL version string:  1.4 Mesa 8.0-rc2

Not software rendered:    yes
Not blacklisted:          yes
GLX fbconfig:             yes
GLX texture from pixmap:  yes
GL npot or rect textures: yes
GL vertex program:        yes
GL fragment program:      yes
GL vertex buffer object:  yes
GL framebuffer object:    yes
GL version is 1.4+:       yes

Unity 3D supported:       yes

But I can't run unity 3d.  The reason is that I have dual monitors and
the chipset only supports 3d up to a max total width of 2048, a fact
that unity-support-test is not aware of.

Colin