Changes to CCSM in Ubuntu 11.10 don't take effect

Jkhatri khatri.jatin at gmail.com
Sat Feb 11 04:47:44 UTC 2012

On Friday 10 February 2012 06:44 PM, Colin Law wrote:
> 2012/2/10 ahmed samir<samiros99 at hotmail.com>:
>> Dear All,
>>
>> After installing Ubuntu 11.10 and installing CCSM, I discovered that changes
>> I make to CCSM settings take no effect what so ever. I have the DELL XPS 14z
>> with Nvidia GeForce GT520M with 1GB video memory, Nvidia Optimus graphics
>> switching technology. Any ideas what's going on ?
> Are you possibly running unity-2d rather than the 3d version?  If,
> when you hover over the launcher the popup names have a crisp white
> border you are using 2d, if they are soft then 3d.  To switch, click
> the cog above password field on logon screen, but if your graphic
> hardware will not support 3d then you get 2d even if you don't select
> it.
rather doing that run "/usr/lib/nux/unity_support_test -p " command in
terminal and see what comes out ,

if all is "YES" your hardware is capable to run 3d version ..

--

*/

Jatin Khatri

RHCSA RHCE CCNA

www.fedoraproject.org/wiki/Jatin <http://www.fedoraproject.org/wiki/Jatin>

Phone (+91) 98250 20393

Save Paper, Save Environment.**
/*(Plant at least one tree in your life and nurture it !!!)*/