Changes to CCSM in Ubuntu 11.10 don't take effect

Colin Law clanlaw at googlemail.com
Fri Feb 10 13:14:45 UTC 2012

2012/2/10 ahmed samir <samiros99 at hotmail.com>:
> Dear All,
>
> After installing Ubuntu 11.10 and installing CCSM, I discovered that changes
> I make to CCSM settings take no effect what so ever. I have the DELL XPS 14z
> with Nvidia GeForce GT520M with 1GB video memory, Nvidia Optimus graphics
> switching technology. Any ideas what's going on ?

Are you possibly running unity-2d rather than the 3d version?  If,
when you hover over the launcher the popup names have a crisp white
border you are using 2d, if they are soft then 3d.  To switch, click
the cog above password field on logon screen, but if your graphic
hardware will not support 3d then you get 2d even if you don't select
it.

Colin

> Thank you.
>
> Samir