Changes to CCSM in Ubuntu 11.10 don't take effect

Jkhatri khatri.jatin at gmail.com
Sat Feb 11 16:10:39 UTC 2012

On Saturday 11 February 2012 09:23 PM, Colin Law wrote:

> Just mentioning that that is not infallible:
>
> $ /usr/lib/nux/unity_support_test -p
> OpenGL vendor string:   Tungsten Graphics, Inc
> OpenGL renderer string: Mesa DRI Intel(R) 945GM x86/MMX/SSE2
> OpenGL version string:  1.4 Mesa 8.0-rc2
>
> Not software rendered:    yes
> Not blacklisted:          yes
> GLX fbconfig:             yes
> GLX texture from pixmap:  yes
> GL npot or rect textures: yes
> GL vertex program:        yes
> GL fragment program:      yes
> GL vertex buffer object:  yes
> GL framebuffer object:    yes
> GL version is 1.4+:       yes
>
> Unity 3D supported:       yes
>
> But I can't run unity 3d.  The reason is that I have dual monitors and
> the chipset only supports 3d up to a max total width of 2048, a fact
> that unity-support-test is not aware of.
>
> Colin

Well following[1] is whats shown on my scree ... I'm also using dual
monitor & 3d works fine

[1]----
/usr/lib/nux/unity_support_test -p
OpenGL vendor string:   Tungsten Graphics, Inc
OpenGL renderer string: Mesa DRI Intel(R) Sandybridge Mobile
OpenGL version string: _*2.1 Mesa 7.11*_

Not software rendered:    yes
Not blacklisted:          yes
GLX fbconfig:             yes
GLX texture from pixmap:  yes
GL npot or rect textures: yes
GL vertex program:        yes
GL fragment program:      yes
GL vertex buffer object:  yes
GL framebuffer object:    yes
GL version is 1.4+:       yes

Unity 3D supported:       yes

is there anything helpful ???  I've not checked it with compiz settings
manager ..  but ubuntu-tweak is able to change some effects

Warm regards

--

*/

Jatin Khatri

RHCSA RHCE CCNA

www.fedoraproject.org/wiki/Jatin <http://www.fedoraproject.org/wiki/Jatin>

Phone (+91) 98250 20393

Save Paper, Save Environment.**
/*(Plant at least one tree in your life and nurture it !!!)*/