DynDNS alternative with separate account and host passwords?

Adam Funk a24061 at ducksburg.com
Thu Dec 6 13:50:19 UTC 2012

I'm not happy about the fact that DynDNS Pro uses the same username &
password for account management and the DNS service itself (ddclient),
because a stolen HDD would allow a thief to get into the account.

I asked DynDNS support about this and they said I could pay $30/month
for DynECT (enterprise system) instead of $20/year in order to get
this level of security!  I'm not happy about this security problem
that they are deliberately exposing some of their customers to in
order to bump them up to much more expensive services.

Does anyone know of a similar service at a reasonable price that does
have different passwords for account management and the ddclient?